Tuesday 30 April 2013

THE AMBIGUOUS PUNCH LINE



     

Hello happy readers of The Punch Line. Before we get started let’s just come right out and say it. There’s something about punch lines…..



                                                                That I DON’T GET.

So I decided to write a story with a few funnies of my own. Something that all the middle grade kids and I could laugh at without thinking there was a conspiracy against us.

                         “What did the cookie say when his wife got hit by a truck? Crumbs.”


But my protagonist Anthony Wish got too busy keeping his family on the straight and narrow to worry about punch lines.






So it was back to the drawing board for me. It took a while. And there were a couple of photo shoots in between.

 


But I finally learned the truth:punch lines are so yesterday. To get a laugh all you need is a camel and a red headscarf. No kidding, no conspiracy and best of all, no night school needed.
 
                                          (Harry and I in Morocco. Christmas, 2009) 

Photo credits:





3 comments: